I used to be one of those people who thought if the clothing didn't have detail or personality to it, it wasn't for me. If it's too simple, it's boring and I'll never wear it. This was fine until I had a closet full of pieces that would only work with one other thing, and soon became tired of wearing that same combination. Talk about boring! I have since learned the "beauty of basics" from Judith Rasband. These are clothes with simple lines and shapes and generally minimal patterns. I love that they don't attract a lot of attention to themselves so I can easily change how they look to fit my mood and occasion. They don't get boring quickly because they are so versatile. They actually allow me more freedom to be creative! I've found a couple of basics for you this month in fabulous fall colors, with a great scarf and beret to be all the more winter ready.
1. Sweaters - the Loft's stitched tunic sweater and Nordstrom Rack's turtleneck sweater in cream, dark olive, burgundy and other fabulously fall colors. $20
2. Nordstrom Rack's straight ponte knit skirt. A rock solid basic in too many colors to count. $17
3. Nordstrom Rack's geometric blanket scarf in colors that will add fullness to your lips and sparkle to your eyes! $20
4. Old Navy's basic sheath dress, fabulous all year for oh so many occasions. Dress up or down with layers and accessories. $22
5. The classic beret. Get it in camel, black or raspberry, if you're a Prince fan. Looks chic in any color. $13
Need help styling? Check out Style Subscribe!
Image consultant and personal stylist. Dani is happily married, the mother of 3 hip kids, and owner of an young pup named Josie Wales.