If you are dreaming of that beachy, upscale, Hampton-esc vacation ala Martha Stewart, Diane Keaton, Ina Gartin, and Nancy Meyers. The coastal grandmother vibe could be for you. It’s comfy, it’s casual, it’s chic…it’s also classic and fairly timeless. In spite of the TikTok hype surrounding this trend, the clothes are about as classic as they come. Which means you won’t regret spending a bit more money on some of these items because they’re not going out of style any time soon. Start with simple pieces like...
1. Collared button up shirt - the collar frames the face and vertical buttons draw the eye toward the middle for a more slim focus. Leave it untucked for a super relaxed look, or tuck it in to emphasize your waist.
2. Straight leg pants and/or wide leg shorts - with silhouettes that work for most figure types. Finally we have shorts that are great for ladies who have broader hips!
3. Comfy shoes - even better with a little platform, who couldn't use a little lift to spice up the granny vibe? These are water resistant.
4. Woven hat - because sun protection is always a good thing.
5. Sweater - even tied over the shoulder for a ready for any weather on the coast vibe.
6. Linen, or light-weight organic fabrics - easy breezy is key with this look. Look for high quality fabrics made from responsibly sourced materials and recycled cotton.
7. Washed out beachy colors with an occasional nautical stripe - picture a bright colored towel you left out in the sun for days...that's what we want. Summer sun-bleached colors.
If you’re done with mom jeans, it may be time to upgrade to Gram land with this classic trend anyone can wear.
Speaking of trends...are you wondering which trends to adopt and which to leave to the teenagers? Wanting to look current yet age appropriate? Then you will love my personal style session where we zero in on the design elements that make your clothing choices oh so you. Learn more HERE.
Check out my favorite Coastal Grandma finds BELOW
Image consultant and personal stylist. Dani is happily married, the mother of 3 charming children, and an Aussie named Josie Wales.