The holidays are approaching, next up is Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday! And I'm not about to skip over it for any amount of blingy promotion for the December holiday they may throw my way. Why would you? It's all about gratitude, being together, and food. And who doesn't love to eat Thanksgiving style comfort food? Eating comfy doesn't mean you can't dress comfy and still look put together. Besides, Thanksgiving is one of those lovely holidays where you can focus on the abundance in your life, show respect for the occasion, and those around you. So let's dress up for it! It’s also a great way to show we care about others enough to look nice for them. So how do you balance comfort with style? Is it possible to dress comfy without looking like you're headed for the gym or back to bed? Yes, yes it is.
Check out the live video from Good Things Utah (above).
1. Start with comfortable pants that stretch. Joggers or jeans are great. You may even try a faux leather jogger with the look of lux that you could wear all day long.
2. Add a shirt with a collar. I love a basic white shirt, and prefer a stiffer fabric in the collar that will stand up under a turtleneck or cowl neck sweater to create a little face framing magic. Yes, I know, very preppy. The shirt also adds angularity to the look, balancing any curviture in the face or on the bottom half of the body.
3. Add a third layer. A cardigan, jacket, or cowl neck sweater are my go-tos. This adds a little warmth and also tends to be more slimming. The cardigan and jacket break up the horizontal waist line to create the illusion of a smaller waist and the right sweater camouflages any tummy bulge.
4. Add a detail near the face to draw attention to your loveliness with a scarf or necklace.
5. Heels are a great way to dress up the stretchy pants. Nicer sneakers or ankle boots will also do the trick.
It is possible to be comfy, eat comfy and also look hip while doing it. Need some help? I'm just a click away!
the fall boot guide
Need a new pair of those oh so comfy I could wear them all day long boots? Click below for this professional stylist's top picks of the season.
Image consultant and personal stylist. Dani is happily married, the mother of 3 charming children, and an Aussie named Josie Wales.